Senior Backend Engineer
Float is seeking a Senior Backend Engineer excited to work with a small, highly-skilled, growing engineering team to scale and maintain an industry-leading scheduling SaaS product.
Primary responsibilities include the development of server-side applications and API code, database maintenance, performance optimizations, and updates to our internal tools and dashboards.
You will participate in code design, architecture, and refactoring decisions in order to provide an optimal experience for our customers, while also maintaining a balance of technical debt with new product features. Additional duties include code reviews and coordinating engineering efforts across teams and products.
This is a 100% remote, full-time position. You’ll report directly to our CTO, who is based in New York.
We’re looking for someone with a proven track record of professional work experience in a senior technical role. You should be able to demonstrate:
- Manage relational and NoSQL databases (MySQL, MongoDB)
- Experience with microservice-based architectures for production web apps
- Experience working with software containerization/Docker
- CircleCI, Jenkins or other similar CI/CD applications
- Ability to collaborate with remote team members located around the world
You should have great communication skills and speak English well. You take ownership of your projects, lead with little guidance, and are comfortable with a flat organizational structure and the degree of flexibility that comes with a fast-growing startup. You have well-considered opinions about software best practices, hold yourself and your work to a high professional standard, and demonstrate a passion for the craft of software and technical product development.
You should also have experience in several of the following:
- Kubernetes / Docker orchestration, DevOps
- Monitoring, logging, and administration of web servers, load balancers, proxies and database servers
- Cloud environments, particularly Google Cloud Platform and AWS including serverless (Google Cloud Functions, AWS Lambda)
- Automation testing, CI/CD pipelines, other build tools
- API documentation and testing tools: Postman, Swagger/OpenAPI
- CDN and caching/proxy servers: Varnish / VCL / Fastly, nginx, Redis
- Message queues and pub/sub: RabbitMQ, Redis
- Monitoring and logging apps: Stackdriver, ELK, Rollbar, Airbrake, New Relic
We’re proudly bootstrapped and profitable since 2012. Joining a talented team of engineers across continents, you’ll have the opportunity to ship industry-leading products, and make a real impact on our global customer base.
Our benefits include:
- Flexible work hours: Work when you work best
- 100% remote: Work where you work best
- Annual team meetup: The last two years were in Sydney and Portugal
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Team Equity Pool
About Our Team
Float.com is the leading resource scheduling application for agencies, studios, and firms. Since 2012, we’ve been helping teams in more than 150 countries keep track of who’s working on what and when. We’re proud to call brands including NASA, Vice, Buzzfeed, and RGA our customers.
We’re profitable and 100% funded by our customers. Our small, fully-remote team includes members in the USA, Canada, Australia, India, Portugal, and Ukraine. We encourage people of different backgrounds, perspectives, and locations to join our team and deliver their best work.